El Dorado County Fair
September 23 - 26, 2021 - CANCELLED
It is with much regret that the Fair Association Board and Staff has made the decision to cancel the 2021 Fair.
With the fairgrounds being utilized as the base camp for the Caldor Fire, and their departure date still unknown, we felt that hosting a fair during this time of crisis was not in the best interest of the community, many are all still dealing with the trauma and devastation of this fire. In fairness to our Sponsors, Vendors and Stakeholders, canceling it now as opposed to later this month was the only decision for all.
We are forever grateful for the support that we have received from our community, and proud to be able to host the Base Fire Camp for all of the brave men and women fighting this destructive fire.
We will continue to be a viable place for our community, and hope that we continue to have it’s support and understanding.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon – save the dates for Fair 2022 June 16-19.
2021 Fair Theme: Stars and Stirrups
There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favorite places is on the back of my horse.
In their eyes shine stars of wisdom and courage to guide men to the heavens.”
- No Pets allowed on the fairgrounds with the exception of Service Dogs.
- No bicycles, quads, or skateboards allowed. Flo the Clown and Fair staff are the only exceptions.
- No gang attire.
- No guns or weapons allowed even with CCW permit.
- All patrons may be wanded by security for the safety of fair patrons.
- No outside food or beverage allowed except UNOPENED sealed plastic water bottles.
- Baby food and special dietetic foods will be allowed. NO Coolers. NO alcohol may be brought in.
- EMPTY refillable bottles may be brought in to be filled with water after entering fairgrounds.
- El Dorado County Fair is a non-smoking/non-vaping Fair. There are designated smoking/vaping areas in the Smoking Tent (between the Carnival and Organ Room) and at the Beer Tree (except within 25 feet of buildings, shade structures, stages, animal exhibits, children's attractions or food booths) and behind the Grandstands. Smoking marijuana on Fairgrounds during Fair is NOT allowed.
- Carnival Ride Limits: Access to some carnival rides may be denied for visitors not meeting age or height requirements or for those with physical disabilities such as casts.
- Please be advised that photographs and video may be taken at the El Dorado County Fair for use by the Fair and its licensees on their websites, press and marketing materials, and in other publications and productions. By entering the event, you consent to the Fair and its licensees to photograph, video and/or use your image and likeness.
Volunteer at the Fair
We rely heavily on our volunteers and invite you to participate. Our exhibit department is a wonderful place to give your time, learn something new and have fun! Volunteering is a fulfilling way to give back to the community. More info.